[Zope-dev] Re: [ZC] 1223/ 8 Reject "Problem with meta_type"

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Fri Jul 30 13:57:37 EDT 2004

Gareth Bult wrote:

> Out here in the real world, in this specific case, apparently it doesn't
> make things worse .. I go from not working at all, to working apparently
> 100% .. without having to scrap my DB  or write code to scan for items
> with missing meta_types and create them...

In your real world maybe ;-)

Where there are hundreds to thousands of hits per second, it starts
making a difference...

>>*shrugs* I'd personally prefer to make the one line patch in the product
>>that's missing a meta type in it's class definition ;-)
>
> And what about all the pre-existing objects with no meta-type ???

If the meta_type is added as a class variable, as they usually are, all
your pre-existing object will have that attribute as soon as you restart
Zope.

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk