[Zope-dev] Re: [Zope3-dev] Re: RFC: TALES adapters and TAL/Tales variable namespaces

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Tue Jun 1 15:35:32 EDT 2004

Jim Fulton wrote:

> Yup. We implemented:
>
>   ob/adapter:name

...which to me says:

"take adapter, apply to it object with name as a parameter"

...what I'd like it to say would give meaning to:

my_content_object/zapi:title

...meaning apply the title adapter from the zapi package to my_content_object,
which was where I left things last time I came close to understanding Zoppe 3.

What's the equivalent to that in today's Zope 3 land?

> which is equivalent to:
>
>   ob/adapter:/name
>
> and, in fact, you can say just:
>
>   ob/adapter:

I'm afraid neither of those means anything to me so your equivalency makes so
sense :-S

> Steve pointed out some problems with the syntax, which
> the above examples should make obvious.

Hurm :-S Don't suppose you have a use for that off hand?

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk