[Zope-dev] Re: [Zope3-dev] status of Zope versus zope?

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Fri Jun 4 11:26:42 EDT 2004

Martijn Faassen wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I recall discussion but no conclusion: what is the status of the
> case-conflict between the "Zope" package in Zope 2 versus the "zope"
> package in Zope 3?

I chose alternative 4 from:

   http://dev.zope.org/Zope3/RenameTheZopePackage

As that seemed to be the most popular, although I personnally
prefer 3.

> Resolving this peacefully is becoming more urgent for me as I'd like to
> be able to use Five (Zope 3 on Zope 2) on Windows eventually. >

> Is there some workaround?

Sure, put "zope" in a different directory.

 > I'd really hate to have to wait for a mythical
> Zope 2 release (likely not 2.8) that renamed Zope to something else, for
> instance.

I had planned to do this in Zope 2.8, mainly because I wanted to include
zope.interface in 2.8, mainly to address the difficulty of installing the
Interface shim.  Your recent work makes the shim unnecessary.  I'm
really anxious to get 2.8 out, so I'm inclined not to include zope.interface
in 2.8, and thus not deal with the zope vs Zope issue in 2.8.

Jim