[Zope.Com Geeks] Re: [Zope-dev] zope-dev list policies

Andrew Sawyers andrew at zope.com
Thu Jun 24 12:37:00 EDT 2004

Ken Manheimer wrote:

> What proportion of the list traffic comes from valid members who are
> posting from alternate accounts?

A huge percentage was - I don't know how much is making it through to
the lists though.  I'm hearing a lot of complaints from people either
third party, seeing it in IRC or from emails off the lists.

I've recently added an increased amount of header and body checks which
were not being applied yesterday as well as increased spam reject
features.  This should help - in any event now that it's being blocked
at the MTA, Mailman's load on the server has went from 2 -3 to ~.5 on
the server in the last hour.
Andrew

--
Zope Corporation