[Zope-dev] Re: zope-dev list policies

Godefroid Chapelle gotcha at bubblenet.be
Fri Jun 25 04:06:21 EDT 2004

Tres Seaver wrote:

> Leonardo Rochael Almeida wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 2004-06-21 at 11:59, Casey Duncan wrote:
>>
>>> -1 on changing the list policy. I read and post to all of the public
>>> lists through Gmane, which won't work if the policy is changed.
>>

>> I might be wrong but I think this is incorrect. From the headers of this
>> message you sent it's possible to see that you sent it thru gmane, yet
>> the "From:" address is your zope.com address, so you should not have a
>> problem posting thru the list this way.
>

> I think you got a direct reply (but could be wrong).  I got the original
> mail bounced to me just now.
>
> Tres.
This surprises me.

I am administring plone-i18n mailing list. Non members cannot post. I
always post through gmane and my messages get accepted !

Further, I think Mohsen has a very good point when he mentions the fact
that spam pollutes the archives !

IOW, I think we really could make advantage of "Non-members not allowed"
on zope lists.

--
Godefroid Chapelle (aka __gotcha)                http://bubblenet.be