[Zope-dev] Re: CatalogBrains since Zope2.7.1b1

Santi Camps santi at zetadb.com
Sun Jun 27 08:48:39 EDT 2004

    Optional arguments will still allow untrusted code to bypass security
    checks.

Yes, that's true.

    Here are three solutions to this, two of which do not involve catalog
    changes:

    - Use a proxy role on the script that invokes getObject which grants the
    permissions needed.

    - Use self.unrestrictedTraverse(brain.getPath()) from trusted code

    - Add a private method: unrestrictedGetObject() to the catalog brain API
    which does no security checking, but is inaccessible to untrusted code.

    I think the last one is a good idea and I will implement it. The other
    two are available options for now.

Ok, I think it will be useful.  Until then, the second option is a good solution for me.  Thanks a lot for the suggestion.

Regards

Santi Camps