BTrees strangeness (was [Zope-dev] Zope 2.X BIG Session problems - blocker - our site dies - need help of experience Zope developer, please)

alex at halogen-dg.com alex at halogen-dg.com
Fri Mar 5 03:21:48 EST 2004

Hi Chris,

On Wed, 3 Mar 2004, Chris McDonough wrote:

> (boldly crossposting this to zodb-dev, please respond on one list or the
> other but not both)
>
> That error *appears* to be caused by reaching a state that is impossible
> to reach.  The code in question is:
>
>         for key in list(self._data.keys(None, max_ts)):
>             assert(key <= max_ts)
>             STRICT and _assert(self._data.has_key(key))
>             for v in self._data[key].values():
>                 to_notify.append(v)
>             del self._data[key]

I was not working yesterday, now I found a big thread about the problem here :)

Thats good that people are interested into resolving of this bug. I will
read all the mails now, and will try to help to resolve it, since
we have system where the high load causes such problems.

By the way, just a few minutes ago I have found another session
error, with a little different traceback then reported ago, so
I am posting it here, just in case it helps you understand the prob.

I am still thinking may be something wrong with my code?

-------------------------- traceback ------------------------------

═

  Site Error

  KeyError
  Sorry, a site error occurred.

Traceback (innermost last):
	∙ 	 Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 163, in publish_module_standard
	∙ 	 Module Products.iHotfix, line 80, in new_publish
	∙ 	 Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 127, in publish
	∙ 	 Module Zope.App.startup, line 203, in zpublisher_exception_hook
	∙ 	 Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 100, in publish
	∙ 	 Module ZPublisher.mapply, line 88, in mapply
	∙ 	 Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 40, in call_object
	∙ 	 Module OFS.DTMLDocument, line 128, in __call__
<DTMLDocument instance at 41bcf6e0>
manage_main
Physical
Path:/www.chalkface.com/ZWarehouse_0.8/catalog/html/
zwarehouse_html_header
	∙ 	 Module DocumentTemplate.DT_String, line 474, in __call__
	∙ 	 Module DocumentTemplate.DT_Util, line 201, in eval
  __traceback_info__: cart_functions
	∙ 	 Module <string>, line 1, in <expression>
	∙ 	 Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 306, in __call__
	∙ 	 Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 343, in _bindAndExec
	∙ 	 Module Products.PythonScripts.PythonScript, line 318, in _exec
	∙ 	 Module None, line 16, in setSessionByRequest.py
<PythonScript at
/www.chalkface.com/ZWarehouse_0.8/catalog/cart_functions/
setSessionByRequest.py>
Line 16
	∙ 	 Module ZPublisher.HTTPRequest, line 1218, in __getattr__
	∙ 	 Module ZPublisher.HTTPRequest, line 1178, in get
	∙ 	 Module Products.Sessions.SessionDataManager, line 93, in
getSessionData
	∙ 	 Module Products.Sessions.SessionDataManager, line 180, in
_getSessionDataObject
	∙ 	 Module Products.Transience.Transience, line 494, in new_or_existing
	∙ 	 Module Products.Transience.Transience, line 304, in __setitem__
KeyError: 1078473960 (Also, an error occurred while attempting to
render the standard error message.)

  Troubleshooting Suggestions
	∙ 	The URL may be incorrect.
	∙ 	The parameters passed to this resource may be incorrect.
	∙ 	A resource that this resource relies on may be  encountering an
error.

For more detailed information about the error, please  refer to error
log.

  If the error persists please contact the site maintainer.  Thank you
for your patience.

--
Alex V. Koval
http://www.halogen-dg.com/