[Zope-dev] zope products and folders

John Ziniti jziniti at speakeasy.net
Tue Mar 9 14:12:09 EST 2004

Stephen Rudd BIOINF wrote:
> before releasing. Could someone explain (or point me to resources) how to turn a
> product into a "folder" like object so that I can bind images, DTML or python
> scripts directly into the product - I am stumped and cannot find any explanation

Your first step will be to have your Folder-like object inherit from
ObjectManager.

from OFS.ObjectManager import ObjectManager
class FolderLike(ObjectManager, Implicit, Item):
      manage_options = (
         ObjectManager.manage_options +
         Item.manage_options
     )

That should get you started.  For more questions like this, I would
post to plain ol' zope list (zope at zope.org).

I lurk that list and have written plenty of Folder-like products,
and I'd be happy to help in any way I can.

JZ