[ZODB-Dev] Re: BTrees strangeness (was [Zope-dev] Zope 2.X BIG Session problems - blocker - our site dies - need help of experience Zope developer, please)

michael michael at looma.co.nz
Tue Mar 9 21:22:33 EST 2004

On 10/03/2004, at 6:29 AM, Chris McDonough wrote:

> On Tue, 2004-03-09 at 06:36, Alex V. Koval wrote:
>> I have enabled 400 error_log ex exceptions to keep, and during 3 days
>> got 2 errors
>> on the site:
>>
>> Time	Username (User Id)	Exception
>> 16:35:01 	Anonymous User (None) 	KeyError: 1078763620
>> 21:59:05 	Anonymous User (None) 	KeyError: 1078696720

I have been trying on and off to recreate this error via brute force
see this particular KeyError *until* I tried reading a session variable
from standard_error_message. Now I can recreate these quite frequently.

My *guess* is that this error happens when a ZODB conflict error is
thrown from Transience while rendering standard_error_message.

I need to do some more testing and probably worth detailing just how
I'm doing the tests. Currently using Zope 2.7.0, Python 2.3.3. Yet to
try with the Transience branch. Or use FileStorage. Just happy to have
actually provoked this error in some kind of test arena :-)

Michael