[ZODB-Dev] Re: BTrees strangeness (was [Zope-dev] Zope 2.X BIG Session problems - blocker - our site dies - need help of experience Zope developer, please)

Chris Withers lists at simplistix.co.uk
Thu Mar 11 06:52:20 EST 2004

Chris McDonough wrote:

> I think the transaction in which the error code operates in should be
> aborted.

Well, what if you want to make a note in some object (say the error_log), that
something bad happened?

What if you want to make a change in the error handler?

My view is that the error handler should oeprate in it's own transaction, and be
aborted if any exceptions are raised in it...

> There is no other sane thing to do.  I think this might be as
> easy as adding a few strategic get_transaction().abort() calls to
> various cases in Zope/App/startup.py's zpublisher_exception_hook.  I
> don't have the time to untangle that mess at the moment, but I will
> enter a collector issue in.

...that said, I guess if you _really_ wanted to make changes in your error
handler, would anything bad happen if your proposed changes are made, but the
user's error handling code does a manaual get_transaction().commit() itself?

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk