[Zope-dev] Re: Roles of Add Folders

Stefan H. Holek stefan at epy.co.at
Mon Mar 15 13:48:36 EST 2004

[redirecting this to zope-dev]

Hi Sidnei,

On Freitag, Mär 12, 2004, at 19:39 Europe/Vienna, Sidnei da Silva wrote:

> I just stumbled on a fancy one. MKCOL is protected by the 'Add
> Folders' permission, which seems to be given only to Manager. This
> completely prevents a member from creating a folder inside his Member
> folder using webdav, unless someone gives the 'Add Folders' permission
> to the 'Owner' role.

Aren't you mixing plain Zope and CMF here? In plain Zope, 'Add Folders'
seems quite reasonable...

> Now the question(s):
>
>  - Should we give the permission to the Owner role by default?
>  - Should we change the permission from Add Folders to something else?

How about:

   - Should we give PortalFolder its own security declaration for MKCOL?

Stefan

--
The time has come to start talking about whether the emperor is as well
dressed as we are supposed to think he is.               /Pete McBreen/