[Zope-dev] Pointless exception re-raising in DA.py

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Wed Mar 24 09:31:39 EST 2004

Hi All,

In Shared/DC/ZRDB/DA.py, Line 399 of Zope 2.6.1 and line 419 in 2.7.0, there's
this rather pointless lump of code:

         try: DB__=dbc()
         except: raise DatabaseError, (
             '%s is not connected to a database' % self.id)

...which only serves to mask the real cause of the problem when trying to obtain
a connection.

Would anyone have any objections if I changed this to simply:

         DB__ = dbc()

?

(if no responses, I'll assume that means you agree with my proposed change ;-)

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk