[Zope-dev] APE and SQL Storages in Zope 2.7

Santi Camps santi at zetadb.com
Wed Mar 24 11:58:05 EST 2004

Shane Hathaway escribió:

> santi at zetadb.com wrote:
>
>> Is there any way to have a working config for postgresql and zope 2.7
>> ? Or everybody is working with FileSystem storages and SQL storages
>> are just
>> working with zope 2.6 ?
>

> Thanks for reporting this.  I just now brought the ZConfig schema up
> to date.  See the updated component.xml for an example of setting up a
> connection to Postgres.
>
> Shane

Thanks a lot for your answer !!   It works fine :-)

Let me make a suggestion:   In next releases, leave
SQLMultiTableProperties option as default.  That's what all Zope newbies
are looking for, I think.   I meet a lot of developers that like Zope,
but they are disturbed if data aren't in a relational database, but also
if data aren't in a relational way (just what SQLMultiTableProperties
does).  It could seems a silliness, but it's real, and stops a lot of
people to use Zope.  I think Ape will help a lot to expand Zope.

I will begin to intesively use Ape with SQLMultiTableProperties option
over Postgresql.    Of course, I will report eventual bugs in the collector.

Thanks again

Santi Camps