[Zope-dev] APE and SQL Storages in Zope 2.7

Shane Hathaway shane at zope.com
Wed Mar 24 13:03:33 EST 2004

Santi Camps wrote:
> Let me make a suggestion:   In next releases, leave
> SQLMultiTableProperties option as default.  That's what all Zope newbies
> are looking for, I think.   I meet a lot of developers that like Zope,
> but they are disturbed if data aren't in a relational database, but also
> if data aren't in a relational way (just what SQLMultiTableProperties
> does).  It could seems a silliness, but it's real, and stops a lot of
> people to use Zope.  I think Ape will help a lot to expand Zope.
> I will begin to intesively use Ape with SQLMultiTableProperties option
> over Postgresql.    Of course, I will report eventual bugs in the
> collector.

Ok, I think you may be right.  However, SQLMultiTableProperties still
needs some work.  The table names that it chooses can potentially
overlap or run over the limit that some databases place on table names.
  To fix this, it needs to manage the table names in a small table.  I
don't think it will be hard to do.

Shane