[Zope-dev] Segfault and Deadlock

Willi Langenberger wlang at wu-wien.ac.at
Sun May 2 14:06:55 EDT 2004

According to Dieter Maurer:
> >The reason is the way python handles threads on some systems
> >(RedHat-7.3, kernel 2.4.20, without NPTL).
>
> What is "NPTL"?

Native POSIX Thread Library.

> That is the good behaviour. Thus, we only have to learn
> how we can get "NPTL" for all Linux systems.

However, i dont know enough about NPTL. Only that it caused us some
grief when we migrated applications from RedHat-7.3 to RedHat-9 (we
had to set LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.1 for some applications [including
oracle] to work).

> By the way, nobody answered my problem report on comp.lang.python.
> Was maybe a bad time, during "Pycon".

Yes, i think it is more a python problem than a zope problem. But it
bites the Zope server on a linux system w/o NPTL. Maybe we have more
luck this time...

\wlang{}

--
Willi.Langenberger at wu-wien.ac.at                Fax: +43/1/31336/9207
Zentrum fuer Informatikdienste, Wirtschaftsuniversitaet Wien, Austria