[Zope-dev] Re: Nightly Zope 3 Binary Compiles for WIndows

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Wed May 5 05:45:20 EDT 2004

Jim Fulton wrote:
>> I'd be happy to set up a nightly (or weekly, let me know which would
>> be better) scheduled task (see, it's Widnows, there is no Cron,
>> although Schedules Tasks do have a much nicer UI ;-) ) that checked
>> out he latest HEAD of Zope 3, compiled it and PUT it up to my Zope.org
>> member area
>
> I think that would be super.  Nightly would be best.

Okay, added to the bottom of a sadly very long list :-S

> Do you have to go through all of that? Couldn't you put it up as a zip
> file, using ZMI, rather than CMF API's?

As a mere mortal member and not-yet-signer of litigious paperwork, am I allowed
ZMI access?

> I think making the binaries available will widen the pool of people
> who could fix windows problems.

Really? I would have thought they'd need ot be able to compile :-S

> Don't confuse "caring" with "time" and "priorities".  I care about having
> Zope 3 run on Windows, and Mac OS X, and other platforms.  I don't have
> time
> to do that though.  I think it would be appropriate for others to help
> by working
> on windows and Mac OS X (etc.) issues.

Indeed. Although the stuff which stopped me was shear carelessness (things like
just using unix path seperators rather that os.path.join, etc)...

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk