[Zope-dev] Bug day report

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Thu May 6 07:35:47 EDT 2004

Dieter Maurer wrote:

>>True. But if they are not planned to be fixed at all, then they should
>>be closed.
>
> You risk to get less bug reports in the collector...
>
>    Filing a (good) bug report takes quite a bit of time.
>
>    When you have gotten rejections for several bug reports
>    (that took you quite a bit of time) you will start thinking
>    whether the next bug report is worth the effort.
>
> I do not think this is what the community should wish for...

I feel compelled to scream "me too!" here. Closing a bug, even if anonymously or
incompletely reported does not make Zope any better. See the recent case of a
bug that was closed that was still an outstanding crash issue. Thankfully Tim
managed to rescue that one. How many other have we lost and are still suffering
from as a result?!

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk