[Zope-dev] Re: [Collector] Strange reject policy

Ken Manheimer klm at zope.com
Thu May 6 10:35:30 EDT 2004

On Thu, 6 May 2004, Chris Withers wrote:

> Chris Withers wrote:
>
> > Yay! Does this mean we have a fully functional "wont fix" state now?
>
> It does appear to, woohoo!
>
> Can we change the action name from "Refuse" to "Won't Fix"? I took a while to
> find it...

All the actions are verbs, "won't fix" is not a verb.  Can you suggest a
verb the more clearly indicates the result is "won't fix"? (While the
distinction between "refuse" and "reject" is subtle, "reject"  distinctly
implies to me a defect in the request, while refuse does not.)  I'm hoping
the difference is clear enough to be mnemonic, once you get it, at least.

One small thing i think would be a big help would be to include html
titles on each action so that browser mouse-over help bubbles would
indicate the effect of each action.  I don't even recall whether there's
any "help" for the issue-followup form, but some text there could also be
um helpful.  (Patches appreciated.)

Ken