[Zope-dev] Segfault and Deadlock

alangmead at boston.com alangmead at boston.com
Thu May 6 16:05:13 EDT 2004

I've submitted two patches to the python patch collector

<http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=949332&group_id=5470&atid=305470>
is  something that should probably work with any pthreads based Unix
implementation. It simply unblocks
the type of signals that are normally delivered synchronously and that the
pthreads standard says should not be blocked.

Another patch,
<http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=948614&group_id=5470&atid=305470>
redirects LinuxThreads asynchronous signals to Python's main thread. Right
now it is done
at compile time,  but I think I can change this to a runtime check.

As the patches are written,  I doubt they can both be applied onto a
standard Python. The purposes don't conflict, though and could probably
both be used.