[Zope-dev] Announce: Reusable Zope Public License 2.1

zope at netchan.cotse.net zope at netchan.cotse.net
Sat May 15 18:48:09 EDT 2004

> It is important that add-on products for Zope be released under the
> ZPL.

What is the reason for not using the verbatim 3-clause BSD license?
The 4th clause in ZPL 2.1 is redundant, IANAL, though.
The 5th is confusing. What's the situation with *BSD like ports where
the source code is patched right before compiling? What is the "date of
change" in that case? Or, if I use a file from Zope in my own product,
do I have to include the change notice in it? If I use only the half of
the code? Or just a few lines?
I like the BSD license because it's simple, I don't have to think about
the details, just keep the copyright notes and everything will be fine.

Regards,
Sandor