[Zope-dev] Re: [ZODB-Dev] Re: BTrees strangeness (was Zope 2.X BIG Session problems - blocker - our site dies - need help of experience Zope developer, please)

Steve Jibson stevej at parlant.com
Sat May 15 23:55:24 EDT 2004

Chris McDonough wrote:

> On Sat, 2004-05-15 at 23:11, Steve Jibson wrote:
>
>>Chris,
>>
>>Okay, correct me if I'm wrong.  This means the big ugly SESSION problem
>>his completely fixed.  If so, you are my new best friend! (whether you
>>like it or not).
>

> Well, I'm afraid I will need to correct you. ;-)  There is one more
> corner case that hasn't been covered that exhibits itself when a session
> is accessed from within the standard_error_message.  It requires a
> change in the main publishing code, for which exists a patch that hasn't
> quite yet been vetted (see earlier posts in this thread regarding
> Publish.py).  This should work itself out over the next week or so I
> suspect.

Relatively speaking, this is only a minor concern.  It just means I
shouldn't try to access session in the standard_error_message until a
solution is found.  We were doing that in our product and I've already
pulled that out.  After all, there are NEVER any errors, so why should
we need to monkey with standard_error_message ;-)
It would be nice, for completeness, if this were resolved for 2.7.1.

>>Anyway,  I'll put your updates (TemporaryStorage.py and Transience.py)
>>on a couple of my customer's systems (that have been experiencing
>>regular KeyErrors in SESSION) on Monday and I'll let you know if I see
>>any problems.
>

> Thanks... make sure you use the latest code from the Zope-2_7-branch in
> CVS.

Am I safe just dropping those two files from CVS into an existing 2.7
site or do I need to grab everything else from the Zope-2_7-branch?