[Zope-dev] Re: [ZODB-Dev] Re: BTrees strangeness (was Zope 2.X BIG Session problems - blocker - our site dies - need help of experience Zope developer, please)

Chris McDonough chrism at plope.com
Sun May 16 00:00:53 EDT 2004

On Sat, 2004-05-15 at 23:55, Steve Jibson wrote:
> > quite yet been vetted (see earlier posts in this thread regarding
> > Publish.py).  This should work itself out over the next week or so I
> > suspect.
>
> Relatively speaking, this is only a minor concern.  It just means I
> shouldn't try to access session in the standard_error_message until a
> solution is found.  We were doing that in our product and I've already
> pulled that out.  After all, there are NEVER any errors, so why should
> we need to monkey with standard_error_message ;-)
> It would be nice, for completeness, if this were resolved for 2.7.1.

Yes, it should work itself out over the next week or so, and definitely
before 2.7.1.

> Am I safe just dropping those two files from CVS into an existing 2.7
> site or do I need to grab everything else from the Zope-2_7-branch?

I think you should be safe with just those two, but were I you I would
just get the 2.7 branch out of CVS in its entirety (then you can update
more easily if there are fixes).  Note that if you have transient object
containers in a "permanent" storage (like FileStorage), the operation is
pretty much a "one way" one if you want to keep the data in the
transient object container: you can go to the new code, then go back to
the "old" code if necessarfy, but you will likely lose data in the TOC
if you do.  Obviously this doesn't effect stuff in a TemporaryStorage
(because it goes away when Zope is shut down).

- C