[Zope-dev] Re: Read-only root database doesn't work ... bug or feature?

Martijn Faassen faassen at infrae.com
Mon May 24 03:50:31 EDT 2004

Dieter Maurer wrote:
> Tres Seaver wrote at 2004-5-21 15:09 -0400:

>>>I have not yet found exactly how Formulator triggers a commit,
>>>but it is definitely something called by its initialize() function.
>>
>>It is probably trying to do the Right Thing (TM) by registering with the
>>help system.  The fact that the help system writes to the database is a
>>wart the size of my foot.

Yup, it's the help system.

> But "Formulator" is a bit stupid about this registering.
>
> While most other products recognize, that they have already
> registered (in a previous startup), "Formulator" does not.
>
> A long time ago, I had fixed that in "Formulator"
> but the fix did not go into the following releases.

I must've missed the patch you sent me, my apologies.

I know this has been reported before but I haven't looked into it yet.
I'm wondering how to handle Formulator upgrades though -- just checking
if you've been registered in a previous startup is not enough if the
help text changes between releases, is it?

It's been a long time since I worked with the Zope help system..

Regards,

Martijn