[Zope-dev] Re: Read-only root database doesn't work ... bug or feature?

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Mon May 24 11:54:31 EDT 2004

On Mon, May 24, 2004 at 09:50:31AM +0200, Martijn Faassen wrote:
> Dieter Maurer wrote:

> >>It is probably trying to do the Right Thing (TM) by registering with the
> >>help system.  The fact that the help system writes to the database is a
> >>wart the size of my foot.
>
> Yup, it's the help system.

This is very odd.  Did you see the message I sent
to formulator-dev a few days ago?  I spent some time tracing
the source of the ReadOnlyErrors and was *sure* it was coming from
initializeFieldForm.  Today I am trying again and it seems that
indeed, the calls to registerHelp and registerFieldHelp are the cause,
and initializeFieldForm is not writing to the ZODB after all.
I wonder what the heck I was doing differently.  Sigh.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com