[Zope-dev] Re: Read-only root database doesn't work ... bug orfeature?

Martijn Faassen faassen at infrae.com
Tue May 25 12:48:56 EDT 2004

Tim Peters wrote:
> [Martijn Faassen]
>
>>I'm not sure whether the patch ever could've worked. Firstly, the rich
>>comparison operations were never called; I think perhaps due to some
>>limitation in ExtenionClass.
>

> ExtensionClass doesn't play well with many "newer" Python class features.
> Rich comparisons are one of them.

That's what I figured, thanks Tim for confirming it.

Anyway, I think I fixed at least the matter for field help topics in a
much simpler way, though I don't know whether other sections don't do
ZODB writes either on startup. If it's in the normal Zope help
registration then we have a bigger problem. :)

The fix is in the latest Formulator CVS; Paul, please test it if you can
and let me know if you still see the untowards behavior.

Regards,

Martijn