[Zope-dev] RE: [Python 2.3.4c1] nasty LinuxThread problem not solved

alangmead at boston.com alangmead at boston.com
Wed May 26 11:28:53 EDT 2004

Dieter Maurer wrote:

> <http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?
> func=detail&aid=949332&group_id=5470&atid=305470>
>
> indeed fixes the problem.
>
> It might introduce other subtle problems but at least none that
> are revealed by Python's regression test suite...
>
> Moreover, I doubt that such problems will be significant in practise:

You might want to take a look at:

<
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=960406&group_id=5470&atid=305470>

and  comment on its effectiveness. It fixes the original problem that lead
to having signals blocked in spawned threads. (The problem essentially
being that a Control-C in readline might be caught by the wrong thread.)
but without the blocking. (besides the segfault problem, it also fixes the
way that os.system() and os.popen() spawn children with blocked signals,
and similar problems.) It does so in a more general purpose way that should
help python on all supported platforms, and not just  the specifics of
LinuxThreads.