[Zope-dev] Need a book recommendation(s) for newer patterns and component based design

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Sat Nov 13 11:57:06 EST 2004

On Friday 12 November 2004 22:23, Ira wrote:
> Hi.  I am new to Python, Zope, and OOP.  Can you please recommend a good
> book(s) on patterns, component architecture, and component-based design
> as referred to in the excerpt from the Zope X3.0 press release below?  I
> am reading 'Design Patterns' by Gamma, et al, but it does not include
> interface patterns or perhaps other, newer patterns.

I do not know how much of an abstract learner/thinker you are, but when I
learned OOP, a book did not help me at all; I learned it by doing. And in
this case I would say the Zope 3 Developers Book is the right thing. It
covers all component types in a practical instructional manner. If this is
not enough for you, the Zope X3 source code has some really great README.txt
files that point out subtleties and corner cases.

See http://dev.zope.org/Zope3/Zope3Book

Regards,
Stephan
--