[Zope-dev] Re: inconsistent mimetype assignment for uploaded files

Dominic Hiles Dominic.Hiles at bristol.ac.uk
Tue Oct 5 06:11:44 EDT 2004

Dear Tres,

--On 04 October 2004 13:43 -0400 Tres Seaver <tseaver at zope.com> wrote:

> Dominic Hiles wrote:
>
>> Sorry, I missed these susbequent follow-ups before posting a reply a few
>> minutes ago!  If we're going down this route, can we at least change
>> things so that the "guessing" is done using
>> ZServer.medusa.mime_type_table, rather than the default python mimetypes
>> table?
>
> I would guess that the medusa version is more neglected than the Python
> one;  is your experience otherwise?

I now realise where my confusion came from.  Python 2.1.3 had only 85 file
extensions listed in mimetypes.types_map.keys() whereas
ZServer.medus.mime_types_table showed 106 with Zope 2.6.4.  However, Python
2.3.3 is now up to 117, so I guess it makes the better choice. Apologies
for the noise....that said, I'm still unhappy that a browser can dictate
the mimetype chosen for an uploaded file, but I'm happy enough to fix that
at the application level.

Cheers,

Dominic