[Zope-dev] PageTemplate XML mode bugs

yuppie y.2004_ at wcm-solutions.de
Tue Oct 5 06:47:33 EDT 2004

Hi!

There are two annoying bugs that make the XML mode unusable for many tasks:

- <http://collector.zope.org/Zope/1101> (i18n namespace broken)

- <http://collector.zope.org/Zope/1474> (XML files opened in binary mode)

I would volunteer to work on these issues, but for that it would be
useful to know:

1.) Does anybody feel responsible for the TAL or PageTemplates module?

2.) What was the motivation for the original code?

#1101 looks like someone just forgot to remove a debug assert in
TALParser.py. The Zope3 version doesn't have that assert statement. Or
was there a reason to disable i18n for XML mode?

#1474 is a change backported from Zope3. It was reverted for HTML mode
for apparently the same reason why the XML mode is still broken. I guess
the motivation was to preserve CDATA, but I don't know that for sure.

Thanks,
	Yuppie