[Zope-dev] Bad interaction between Zope 2.7.3 and CMF 1.4

Stefan H. Holek stefan at epy.co.at
Sat Oct 9 05:44:59 EDT 2004

While testing a large-ish customer project under Zope 2.7.3 we found
that
when an object with setDefaultAccess('deny') is used as the context for
a PythonScript, the script can no longer aquire tools from the portal
root.

Because a test says more than a thousand words, I added one to
CMFDefault.

To reproduce:
- get Zope-2_7-branch
- get CMF-1_4-branch
- run tests of CMFDefault, notably test_RestrictedAcquisition.py

Rolling back this checkin restores functionality:
http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope-checkins/2004-August/028152.html

Note that I was unable to reproduce the issue with CMF 1.5 (or plain
Zope, for
that matter). What has changed? Beats me! Note that this issue has the
potential
to break each and every Plone site out there.

Ultimately, I feel that unless there is a *very* good reason for
removing the
aq_acquire call from cAccessControl/ImplPython it should be restored.

Stefan

--
The time has come to start talking about whether the emperor is as well
dressed as we are supposed to think he is.               /Pete McBreen/