[Zope-dev] serving BLOBs

Johan Carlsson johanc at easypublisher.com
Mon Oct 11 11:09:45 EDT 2004

Alan Milligan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I know serving large BLOBs is rather frowned up using Z2, but I have a
> requirement to use the zope security machinery prior to serving a blob
> circa 500Mb.
>
> I thought I'd just wrap it in an ExternalFile and it would simply stream
> to the client.  In fact I was even anticipating taking advantage of
> chunked transfer encoding for HTTP1.1 clients.
>
> However, I'm getting out of memory exceptions thrown by the server.
> This would indicate that no intermediate buffer flushing is occuring at
> all!
>
> What am I missing?

I've looked at the code of the latest release of ExternalFile
and I can't find the new streming interface being used at all?

I'm also intrested in this, but I haven't had the time to as
anyone about it, yet.
Regards,
Johan

PS. I'm cc:ing zope at zope.org because I think this is more of
an user issue.

--
Johan Carlsson          Tel: + 46 8 31 24 94
Colliberty              Mob: + 46 70 558 25 24
Torsgatan 72            Email: johanc at easypublisher.com
SE-113 37 STOCKHOLM