[Zope-dev] Re: Python2.4 and Zope 2.7

Matt Hamilton matth at netsight.co.uk
Mon Oct 18 02:59:24 EDT 2004

Tres Seaver wrote:

> Are  you sure that you have applied whatever patch is required to give
> Python a big enough stack on FreeBSD (Hmm, I foresee a new spam topic,
> "Enlarge your Python's Stack!  Make your Zope beg for mercy!" ;)
>
> Strange crashes reproducible only on *BSD should be checked first
> against this one:
>
>   http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2003-February/148277.html

Yes, I've tried increasing the stack size.  I think it is a platform
specific problem for threads on FreeBSD/AMD64.  Regardless of how large
I make the stack, or how low I set the recursionlimit, python 2.3.4
cannot complete test_re.py sucessfully on this platform.

I've tried bringing it up on the FreeBSD lists, but not got much of a
response.  Python 2.4a3 must do *something* different with threads, as
it can complete test_re.py on the same platform.  I've tried backporting
over thread_pthread.py from 2.4a3, but that doesn't do it.  I think
there may be extra defines set in the Makefile or configure.

-Matt

Matt Hamilton                                       matth at netsight.co.uk
Netsight Internet Solutions, Ltd.        Business Vision on the Internet