[Zope-dev] Re: Developing plugins for PluggableAuthService

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Thu Sep 2 06:47:07 EDT 2004

Lennart Regebro wrote:
> OK, Thanks. I'm noticing that (with Zope 2.7.2) when I do this, I do not
> get the modulname (whatever) nor the exception level WARNING printed to
> the log. Is this a config error, or am I doing something wrong? Because
> quite obviously, it should be there, right?

You're not doing anything wrong, but arguably it is a config error.

You'll need to tweak your log format string for the log in question in
zope.conf.

The real problem here is that, for some reason that I don't get, zLOG
sticks the "WARNING" in the *message* to be logged when it calls the
underlying python logger. I wish someone would explain why it does this,
as it means you either get double inclusion of the logging level for
stuff logged by zLOG or, as you've experienced, a missing level when
code logs things the correct way...

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk