[Zope-dev] session problem again?

Michael Dunstan michael at looma.co.nz
Tue Sep 28 23:37:46 EDT 2004

On 29/09/2004, at 11:07 AM, Matteo Memelli wrote:

> Hello I include the conversation that I had today with Chris:
>
>> I'm using Zope 2.6b1+ with ZWarehouse e-commerce product
>> (ZWarehouse-20040522 version 0.8)
>> I tried upgrading to Zope 2.7 but ZWarehouse gave me many problems so
>> I decided to try applying your patches for Sessioning problems that I
>> have.
>
> Hmm..
>
>> I think that the error that zope gives to me is very known to you... I
>> tried to copy the whole directories Transience, Session and ZPublisher
>> from both
>> Zope-2.7.3b1-0 and Zope 2.7.2 but without success I also copied the
>> file startup.py from lib/python/Zope/App/ ...
>> Am I missing anything?
>
> Yes, the ZODB directory also... although I reallly have no idea whether
> this will work under 2.6.
>
> Really, to be sure you've got all the right files, it'd be best if you
> could upgrade to 2.7.3... maybe we could help fix whatever in
> ZWarehouse
> doesn't work under there (move this conversation to the Zope list
> zope at zope.org?)
>
> To be thorough, you will also need to delete and recreate any
> persistent
> session data container you've got laying around (unless it's in
> temp_folder, that's in RAM anyway and gets recreated on reboot).
>
>> My customer is complaining so much and I really don't know what to do!
>> Hoping in your answer...thank you in advance
>>
>> Matteo Memelli
>>

>> Site Error
>> An error was encountered while
>> publishing this resource.
>>
>> KeyError
>>
>> Sorry, a site error occurred.
>>
>> Traceback (innermost last):
>>
>>       * Module ZPublisher.Publish,
>>         line 175, in
>>         publish_module_standard
>>       * Module Products.iHotfix,
>>         line 83, in new_publish
>>       * Module ZPublisher.Publish,
>>         line 132, in publish
>>       * Module Zope.App.startup,
>>         line 203, in
>>         zpublisher_exception_hook
>>       * Module ZPublisher.Publish,
>>         line 101, in publish
>>       * Module ZPublisher.mapply,
>>         line 88, in mapply
>>       * Module ZPublisher.Publish,
>>         line 39, in call_object
>>       * Module OFS.DTMLDocument,
>>         line 128, in __call__
>>         <DTMLDocument instance at
>>         41725260>
>>         Physical
>>         Path:/arteluce/catalog/html/catalog.html
>>       * Module
>>         DocumentTemplate.DT_String,
>>         line 474, in __call__
>>       * Module
>>         DocumentTemplate.DT_Let,
>>         line 76, in render
>>       * Module OFS.DTMLDocument,
>>         line 121, in __call__
>>         <DTMLDocument instance at
>>         4172b6b0>
> http://www.arte-luce.com/catalog/html/zwarehouse_html_header/
> [...]

Hmm - my first guess is that there is something wrong with transaction
handling somewhere. A significant quota of such KeyErrors in transience
prior to 2.7.3 seem to be the result of incorrect transaction handling.
Maybe in one of the above products? If it is something with transaction
handling then might get some pain relief by running on one ZODB thread.

michael