[Zope-dev] brain.getObject and traversal

Florent Guillaume fg at nuxeo.com
Fri Apr 1 06:21:04 EST 2005

Florent Guillaume  <fg at nuxeo.com> wrote:
> >> Unauthorized in getObject is out of the question, that would be new
> >> behaviour.
> >
> > Well, in 2.8, new behaviour is expected, right?
> > I really passionately believe that we should not be returnining None in
> > Zope 2.8, and since 2.8 hasn't quite hit beta yet I'm very keen to see
> > it fixed asap.
> >
> > Any objections?
>
> I'm ok for 2.8. I'll look at it.

Is everyone ok with returning
 - the object if it can be accessed
 - raise Unauthorized if it can't be accessed
 - raise NotFound if it's not there
and never return None ?

I'll change that before tomorrow, for 2.8a2.

(I'll change NotFound in Traversal.py to a real exception instead of a
string too, I thought we'd killed those.)

Florent

+33 1 40 33 71 59   http://nuxeo.com   fg at nuxeo.com