[Zope-dev] post publishing hook

Florent Guillaume fg at nuxeo.com
Mon Apr 4 07:39:24 EDT 2005

Christian Theune wrote:
>Florent Guillaume:
>>I really could use a post publishing hook.
>>Standard use case: delay indexing at the end of the request to only do
>>it once per object even if the object has been modified 4 times.
> Are your talking about a short thing for 2.7?

Yes we need it for CPS which currently works with 2.7 (no customer is
ready to move to 2.8 yet).

> In 2.8 I wonder if the
> Publisher could start using e.g. Zope 3 events. Are there events for
> this around in Z3 already? This would be a good way of improving
> transition to Z3 in a compatible manner, if both systems e.g. publisher
> modules would spit out the same events for handling those cases.

Yes events are the way to go. For 2.7 we have our (CPS) event system,
and Julien has experimented with patching Transaction.py's commit and
abort to send appropriate events. Then the rest is just a matter of
subscribing and reacting to them.

I totally agree that if 2.8 could use standardized events from Zope 3
that would be awesome.

Florent

+33 1 40 33 71 59   http://nuxeo.com   fg at nuxeo.com