[Zope-dev] I want Zope 2.9 to use Zope 3's security architecture.

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Wed Apr 6 12:49:19 EDT 2005

Paul Winkler wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 06, 2005 at 08:33:39AM -0400, Jim Fulton wrote:
>
>>I very much want Zope 2.9 to use Zope 3's security architecture.
>>Zope 3's security architecture is far more robust, but it is different
>>in some significant ways:
>
> (snip)
>
> Will this all be "under the hood"?
> i.e. will Products have to be rewritten for 2.9?

I don't know.  I expect that most products would not
have to be rewritten.  I expect that *some* proucts
would.  (e.g. products that depend on key-based access
control.)

> i.e. will I still write:
>
>     security.declareProtected(SomePermission, 'foo')
>     def foo(self):

That will work, and I don't see a need to deprecate it.
Eventually, though, I expect products to migrate to
ZCML-based security declarations.

>>  o No support for key-based access control
>

> Don't know what that is.

It was/is possible to control access to mapping items
based on item values (e.g. key values).

Jim