[Zope-dev] I want Zope 2.9 to use Zope 3's security architecture.

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Wed Apr 6 15:59:05 EDT 2005

Jim Fulton wrote at 2005-4-6 08:33 -0400:

>I very much want Zope 2.9 to use Zope 3's security architecture.
>Zope 3's security architecture is far more robust, but it is different
>in some significant ways:

Even small modifications to the security machinery tend to
end up in lots of problems.

The latest prominent example: the changes introduced with
Zope 2.7.3: It took two releases (until 2.7.5) and
more than 6 months (at least in my memory) before everything
worked again as it should...

Hopefully, such a major change will not require 4, 5, 6
minor releases and years for stabilazation...

--
Dieter