[Zope-dev] Windows builds

Andreas Jung lists at andreas-jung.com
Sun Aug 14 07:26:10 EDT 2005

--On 14. August 2005 13:14:50 +0200 Christian Theune <ct at gocept.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I announced myself stepping back from doing the windows builds some
> while ago. Although nobody stepped up in taking this task, I'll make a
> hard cut right now.
>
> I'm preparing the 2.8.1 builds right now and those will definitely be
> the last windows builds prepared by me.
>
> Two reasons for the stepping back: time constraints from my side and
> technical unability to safely create the windows builds.

Thanks and a big applause to Christian for his famous work so far.

This means for all windows users: someone from the community has to take
over the responsibility for building the windows release in the future.

Speaking for myself: the source releases will be released as soon as their
is something to be released independent of the availability of windows
builds. It would be nice to have the source release and the windows builds
at the same time but the experience has shown that waiting for the binary
releases would deferred any release. So it is up to you - the windows users
in the Zope community - to fill the gap.

Andreas