[Zope-dev] Logging of ConflictError

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Fri Dec 2 05:09:41 EST 2005

Hi Florent,

Damn, I was working on this at the same time :-S

Florent Guillaume wrote:
> I've improved the logging of ConflictError in Zope 2.9 and trunk.
>
> http://svn.zope.org/?rev=40454&view=rev
>
> Now you'll get two things:
> - logs at level BLATHER for each conflict, but it may be retried
> - log at level ERROR when the conflict can't be retried anymore and is
> returned to the browser as an error.

In my work, I've actually changed this to use the new, proper logging
calls. I'll be comitting later this morning.

> I removed the log at level INFO because it is very misleading for system
> administrators in my experience.

I don't think so, I've actually changed and enhanced this in my work.
You now get a log at INFO whenever a conflict occurs. It includes more
information than the old version, as you'll see...

> Do people want this also for 2.8? Note that it changes the log format,
> so may break third party tools that parse logs.

I was planning on rolling my changes out to 2.8, 2.9 and the trunk.
Unless anyone strenuously objects, I still intend to do that. I cleaned
up a lot of the code and made a few other changes that generally improve
logging.

It's a shame Florent and I were genuinely working on this at the same
time without the other knowing...

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk