[Zope-dev] RFC: _verifyObjectPaste cleanup

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Fri Dec 2 15:12:35 EST 2005

yuppie wrote at 2005-12-2 16:50 +0100:
>checkPermission now respects proxy roles, so this workaround is no
>longer needed.

But we should also have some way to check permissions without proxy roles:

   It sometimes is useful for something with a proxy role
   to check whether the user (without a proxy) could
   perform the operation as well.

Thus, if "checkPermission" changed its behaviour, it probably
should get an optional parameter to get the old behaviour back.

Otherwise, I am happy with your cleanup.

--
Dieter