[Zope-dev] Please vote about conflict errors logging

Jean-Marc Orliaguet jmo at ita.chalmers.se
Sun Dec 4 16:28:37 EST 2005

Dieter Maurer wrote:

>Jean-Marc Orliaguet wrote at 2005-12-2 23:57 +0100:
>

>>... on what level to report retried ConflictError ...
>>BLATHER (I have never be able to get any meaningful information from
>>them, except that zope tries several times)
>>

>That's because the generated messages *were* uninformative.
>
>You can see the critical spots (the objects causing lots of conflicts)
>easily with sane log messages.

In my case it's mostly filesystem-based resources (css files, or images)
accessed in read mode (zope-2.8.4). But the information no matter where
it comes from has very little value compared to other messages in the
log file, because these are completely predictable.

In the log flle I'd like to be informed about events that are
unexpected. Conflict errors of this kind occur "by design".

regards
/JM