[Zope-dev] Re: zLOG deprecation?

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Tue Dec 6 05:42:10 EST 2005

Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
> This would probably best be handled by one person, so if you are willing to do all the
> grepping and updating, making zLOG deprecated would just be a minor operation :).

...but one i don't know how to perform. What code would I insert and where?

I'm happy to sign up for this, but can't promise when it'll happen...

> In
> zLOG.LOG one would call warnings.warn()

Ah, okay :-)

> and the custom zLOG logging level constants could
> be wrapped in a deprecation warnings (zope.deprecation.deprecate)

How would I do this? Can you give me an example?

> Well, stupid or not, the order in which BLATHER and DEBUG are should be preserved, even if
> it might not make sense. Question is if we actually need BLATHER in the future. For all I
> care we could rip it out.

Likewise. Florent's the only person who seems to care about these arcane
names ;-)

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk