[Zope-dev] [ZPT] Zope 3 ZPTs in Zope 2

Tino Wildenhain tino at wildenhain.de
Sun Dec 11 07:42:58 EST 2005

Am Sonntag, den 11.12.2005, 13:16 +0100 schrieb Andreas Jung:
> Hi,
>
> I have a working implementation for Zope 3 ZPTs within Zope 2. It is
> currently implemented through a new class ZPT which implements the same
> functionality as Products.PageTemplates.ZopePageTemplate. I am currently
> thinking about the migration to the new implementation. Would it be possible
> to perform an in-place migration using setstate() when replacing the
> ZopePageTemplate implementation with the prototype code from my ZPT class?

Are there different object-attributes in both classes?
If not, you could simple replace with the same old
class name.

If there are (you would have to know them
anyway to do the __setstate__ approach)
I'd like an approach with an upgrade
script (similar to 'stale Python Scripts')
better. Buts just me ;-)

Regards
Tino