[Zope-dev] New ways of getting transactions?

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Sun Dec 11 18:06:49 EST 2005

Tim Peters wrote:
> [Jim Fulton]
>
>>BTW, This is a good example for why I want to start using time-based
>>deprecation.
>

> In a world with time-based releases, is there a difference?

Yes, because release numbers aren't very helpful when software
is used by many applications.  For example, I could imagine
bumping ZODB (or some other packages) release numbers more often than
is needed by Zope. For example, zope.interface has separate releases.
We might someday decide to make a release to meet Twisted's needs.
We wouldn't want such an incedental event to cause a feature to
be deprecated more quickly.

Jim