[Zope-dev] Imports broken on 2.9.0-b1?

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Mon Dec 12 10:51:28 EST 2005

On Mon, Dec 12, 2005 at 07:57:43AM +0100, Tino Wildenhain wrote:
> I suspect its the feature which got introduced in 2.8? or so which
> has a browser for packets to import so you dont have to
> guess and type the name correctly. And to not have to
> copy the exaples to every instance home, it
> looks in Software-home too.

Yes, apparently so.

> 2 questions araise, though:
>
> 1) why is Softwarehome/import not there?

I suspect that it's supposed to be created by "make install"
by copying the one in skel; I don't yet know why it's not,
will investigate.
"make install" under 2.7.x and 2.8.x used to do this.

Incidentally, this raises the point that some included docs are out of
date.  I'll file a separate collector issue about that, since I can't
figure out what they're supposed to say now so I can't fix them ;-)

#2 is trivial, I will check in a fix as soon as I figure out
a test to demonstrate the issue.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com