[Zope-dev] Question about start using ZServerSSL on win box...

Thomas G. Apostolou thomas.info at hol.gr
Tue Dec 13 09:23:52 EST 2005

Hello all,

I have build M2Crypto.0.15 version on a win xp box recently and was reading
"ZServerSSL HOWTO"
http://www.zope.org/Members/ngps/ZServerSSL-HOWTO
document so that i can start using https,
xmlprc-over-https etc.

I have to tell that i have installed from Plone 2.0.5 binary for windows
witch comes with Zope 2.7.0 and Python 2.3.3 (i have patched
SimpleHTTPServer.py as corrected for 2.3.5).
É also have to tell that i have installed so that Zope server runs as a
service...

As reading "ZServerSSL HOWTO" i suppose that the corresponding $ZOPE is
my "C:\Program Files\Plone 2\Zope\lib\python" because only there i can find
$ZOPE/ZServer. Correct me if i am wrong with this...

What i also need to know is that since i have installed so that Zope server
runs as a service what is the corresponding steps for me in the section
where you say :

  1.. Copy $ZSSL/z2s.py into $ZOPE.

  2.. Depending on your operating system, modify $ZOPE/start or
$ZOPE/start.bat to invoke $ZOPE/z2s.py, instead of $ZOPE/z2.py. The files
$ZSSL/starts and $ZSSL/starts.bat serve as examples.

I do not have any $ZOPE/start or $ZOPE/start.bat or $ZOPE/z2.py, i only have
a file named PythonService.exe into "C:\Program Files\Plone 2\Zope\bin"

Do i HAVE to reinstall Plone and set it not to run as service?

Thank you in advance...

Thomas G. Apostolou