[Zope-dev] zope-2.9 r40780 make install doesn't finish, files missing from bin

Stefan H. Holek stefan at epy.co.at
Sun Dec 18 04:40:32 EST 2005

"make install" does currently not work on 2.9 branch and trunk. I am
told that this is because "zpkg cannot do it". I am also told that
the tarball would support make install, just not the checkout. I
never use tarballs, so I don't know for sure.

I'd very much like to see the canonical "./configure; make; make
install" continue to work as it did in 2.7 and 2.8. Sysadmins go
crazy if Zope's installation procedure changes with every other release.

Stefan

--
Anything that happens, happens.  --Douglas Adams