[Zope-dev] Re: Unit Test Failures

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Mon Dec 19 11:02:53 EST 2005

Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
> Actually, I put this particular test (functional.txt) on level=2 because
> it would fail when run together with other Five tests. It passes fine
> when run by itself. This test exists identically in Five 1.2 (based on
> Zope 2.8) where it passes just fine when run together with other tests
> and by itself. During the hot phase of making the deadline on November
> 1st, I decided that this wasn't a big issue and could be resolved during
> the beta phase (after all, the test passes by itself). I obviously
> forgot to look into it again, but then again, I still don't know what
> the heck is wrong with this.

Obviously, some other test isn't cleaning up after itself.

The way to debug this is by trial and error, running this test in combination
with other tests until it fails. (It would be cool, in some future version of the
test runner, to automate the search process.  Even a simple option to run
tests by number would probably help a lot, making a manual binary search
pretty easy.)

Jim