[Zope-dev] Re: Unit Test Failures

Fred Drake fdrake at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 14:22:48 EST 2005

On 12/19/05, Philipp von Weitershausen <philipp at weitershausen.de> wrote:
> Now I see what you mean by "contract". You're right, I guess it isn't documented then, but
> perhaps it should be.

That's never been part of  the contract and, as Tres notes, it's
inconsistent.  The implmentation will only sort when it uses the
multi-line representation of the dict, not the single-line form.

I don't oppose adding this to the contract and fixing it for the
single-line representation for Python 2.5, but I'd rather think more
about what the right interface is between displayed objects and the
formatter.

This is where a component architecture would really come in handy in
the standard library.  :-)

  -Fred

"There is no wealth but life." --John Ruskin